WNY READINESS GROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WNY READINESS GROUP

Disaster/Event Readiness INFO New York and Warren area

HomeHOMELatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» new patriot from catt county
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm by mrhorsepower460

Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm by PatriotPete84

» Northern Chautauqua
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm by LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm by LarryWNY

» new member from orleans county
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm by rholding

» Gas.......
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm by LarryWNY

» Erie County Patriot here!
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm by thunder8922

» 2012 How lost we have become.
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 pm by LarryWNY

» NYS CIG TAX
Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm by LarryWNY

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Commodity Price
Gasoline Price
Gun Stats

Euro takes a dive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:30 pm

The Euro is now below $1.29 and Greece is starting to get roudy. I would like to ask them "Hows that NWO change workin out for ya".
Back to top Go down
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:54 am

Euro Will Collapse Like Tower of Babel: Economist

Tuesday, 11 May 2010 09:34 AM
By: Ellen Chang

Greece’s bailout will eventually bring down the euro, Monument Securities Chief Economist Stephen Lewis says.

The euro’s future is precarious because of the large budget deficits incurred by euro zone countries, leaving few viable alternatives, Lewis said.

“The IMF could not insist on a Greek devaluation because that would have been tantamount to Greece’s leaving the euro zone. If the euro zone started shedding members, it would at least bring the euro arrangements into question,” he told CNBC.

The bailout is the right approach since the other options would have further weakened the euro, Lewis said.

“If Greece’s creditors had been obliged to take a hit, where would that have left the creditors of other euro zone countries with relatively large government deficits?”

“The risk would have been that a debt restructuring would have increased the virulence of the contagion from Greece and, ultimately, would have generated extreme uncertainty over the future of the euro currency,” he said.

Germany’s issues are not the cause of further erosion of the euro, Lewis said.

“In truth, though, Germany is just as much a victim of these attempts to shore up the euro as is Greece, and a victim with a stronger claim to innocence. The guilty men are the eurocrats who stubbornly refuse to recognize that their fanciful construction is collapsing like a Tower of Babel,” he said.

The bailout package will not prevent the euro from falling even lower, said Alan Ruskin, chief international strategist at RBS Securities, Reuters reported.

The package “will do no more than pad the euro downside against a sharp collapse rather than turn it around,” he said.
Back to top Go down
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Euro hits four year low at $1.23. Oil drops below $70. Dow loses ground third straight day.
Back to top Go down
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Euro now $1.21 .....glad I didnt listen to those that were saying buy euros.

Dow drops 114 points fourth straight day
Back to top Go down
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Euro back down to $1.21 and it appears the dow may close below 10K .... twenty min left before close.
Back to top Go down
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Euro hits $1.20 and Dow is flirting again around 9K. This just may be the summer it all falls apart.

OK $1.19 ....ouch!!!

Last edited by LarryWNY on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Euro takes a dive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro takes a dive   Euro takes a dive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro takes a dive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WNY READINESS GROUP  :: WELCOME PLEASE READ :: FEDERALIST TAVERN :: CONFLICTS-
Jump to: