WNY READINESS GROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WNY READINESS GROUP

Disaster/Event Readiness INFO New York and Warren area

HomeHOMELatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» new patriot from catt county
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm by mrhorsepower460

Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm by PatriotPete84

» Northern Chautauqua
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm by LarryWNY

Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm by LarryWNY

» new member from orleans county
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm by rholding

» Gas.......
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm by LarryWNY

» Erie County Patriot here!
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm by thunder8922

» 2012 How lost we have become.
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 pm by LarryWNY

» NYS CIG TAX
  Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm by LarryWNY

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Commodity Price
Gasoline Price
Gun Stats

Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security Empty
PostSubject: Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security     Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Next "they" will be saying we have to have sharia law and courts throughout America in the interest of national security or it will lead to attacks from radicals in the Muslim world;......Tolerance has boundaries.....even in a "free" society..., I find threats vailed as peace overtures such as Imam's statement unpalatable. While they do have a legal right to build their mosque it is moraly wronge to do so and as history and current news shows us Islam is not tolerant of others laws, religions, or a right to life free from subjugation, I reiterate ....Tolerance has boundaries... America must find herself again and stand up once more free from tyrany, in any form, in the next few years or all that was once known to us is lost. We are at a fork in the road and the time to choose our direction is now, America must choose to take care of herself first before any help can be offered to others and to maintain status....should the current path America is on continue we will be assimilated into the anonyimity of a global federation of former countries known only collectively by some acronym.

We as a nation must relearn to be selfsufficient ...if your old enough you can remeber a time when everything in Walmart used to be made in the USA! now.....sadly I refer to it as Chinamart and it is part of our problem as Americans for the most part now buy foreign made products and are employed selling the said same foreign products creating a vicious cycle that only spirals downward for America...as I am digressing more and more from the main topic here, I will stop.

'Ground Zero Mosque' Imam Says Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security
Feisal Abdul Rauf Wishes He Could Turn Back, but Says That Would Let 'Radicals' Win

By MICHAEL S. JAMES and LARA SETRAKIAN
Sept. 9, 2010
Muslim imam behind a proposed cultural center two blocks from New York's Ground Zero said he must build there despite angry protests in order to defend America and its citizens against a "danger from the radicals in the Muslim world to our national security."

If he could start over, Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf said, he would propose a different site for his project.

"If I knew this would happen, that this would cause this kind of pain, I wouldn't have done it," Rauf, 61, said in an interview with CNN's Soledad O'Brien on "Larry King Live" Wednesday evening. "My life has been dedicated to peacemaking."

But, capping a daylong rhetorical offensive that began Wednesday morning with an opinion piece in The New York Times, Rauf said he intends to go ahead with the "multifaith" center near the site where Islamic terrorists killed nearly 2,800 people because not doing so would unleash fury abroad.

"If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals have taken over the discourse," Rauf told CNN. "The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack.

Anti-Islamic Rhetoric Heats Up"There is a certain anger here [in America], no doubt," he said later in the interview. "But if we don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world. If we don't do things correctly, this crisis could become much bigger than the Danish cartoon crisis [over images depicting the Prophet Mohammed], which resulted in attacks on Danish embassies in various parts of the Muslim world. And we have a much bigger footprint in the Muslim world."

'Ground Zero' Mosque Imam to Koran-Burning Pastor: Reconsider Your Plan

For similar reasons, Rauf voiced displeasure with a Florida pastor's plan to burn Korans on 9/11. Pastor Terry Jones of Gainesville, Fla., has vowed to go ahead with "International Burn a Koran Day" despite widespread pleas to scrap the idea on the grounds that it would put U.S. troops abroad in danger.

"I would plead with him to seriously consider what he is doing," Rauf said on CNN. "It is going to feed into the radicals in the Muslim world.

"We have freedom of speech, but with freedom comes responsibility," he added. "This is dangerous for our national security, but also it is the un-Christian thing to do."

On Thursday, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari expressed grave concern over Jones' plan to burn copies of the Koran.

Through his spokesman, Farhatullah Babar, Zardari said "anyone who even thought of such a despicable act must be suffering from a diseased mind and a sickly soul" and "it will inflame sentiments among Muslims throughout the world and cause irreparable damage to interfaith harmony and also to world peace."

Earlier however, House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, made a similar argument against Rauf's community center, denouncing it in the same breath as Jones' Koran-burning plan.

"To Pastor Jones and those who want to build a mosque," Boehner said, "just because you have a right to do something in America, does not mean it is the right thing to do."

'Ground Zero' Mosque Imam: 'Initiative Is Intended to Cultivate Understanding'

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the developer behind the so-called "Ground Zero mosque," left a State Department tour of the Mideast early to return to the U.S. and deal with the controversy over his project.
In his Times op-ed article, Rauf argued building the center, which he described Wednesday as an interfaith center called Cordoba House, is the right thing to do.

"Our initiative is intended to cultivate understanding among all religions and cultures," he wrote. "Our broader mission -- to strengthen relations between the Western and Muslim worlds and to help counter radical ideology -- lies not in skirting the margins of issues that have polarized relations within the Muslim world and between non-Muslims and Muslims. It lies in confronting them as a joint multifaith, multinational effort.

"From the political conflicts between Israelis and Palestinians to the building of a community center in Lower Manhattan, Muslims and members of all faiths must work together if we are ever going to succeed in fostering understanding and peace," he wrote.

However, plans for the "Ground Zero mosque," approved by the city of New York, have stirred opposition from critics who claim that it is insensitive to build what until recently had been presented as an Islamic center so close to what many consider hallowed ground attacked by Islamic extremists.

A late-August poll by Quinnipiac University found that 71 percent of New Yorkers want the center moved and want state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to investigate funding for its construction.

Rauf, a long-time imam at a mosque a dozen blocks from Ground Zero, said he didn't make his arguments earlier because he wanted to be on American soil before he spoke. He had been on a State Department-sponsored goodwill tour of the Middle East until recently.

"I'm proud to be American," Rauf told ABC News on Aug. 31, just before returning home. "America is where I found my faith."

The imam told ABC News that the battle over the project "has expanded beyond a piece of real estate and expanded to Islam in America and what it means for America."

On CNN, as he has done previously, Rauf suggested that conservative politicians were using the issue to stoke support in the months before the November elections.

"This story first broke last December in the New York Times and nobody objected," he told CNN. "This controversy only began in May. And it began as a result of some politicians who decided to use this for certain political purposes."

Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf: Battling 'Radicalism in All Its Guises'

Rauf suggested to ABC News that he sees building the mosque as a battle "against radicalism in all its guises," and continued to argue Wednesday that it is a fight for the American way.

'Mosque' Imam Returns to NYAnti-Muslim Rhetoric: Free Speech or Hate?9/11 Mosque Developer Has Angry Tenants
"The reason America is successful is because of its diversity, because of its immigrants," he told ABC News. "Multi-culturalism is a fundamental."

He told CNN that the battle is not between Muslims and non-Muslims.

"The real battle front is between moderates on all sides, of all the faith traditions, and the radicals on all sides," he said.

But even in Dubai, where he spoke to ABC News on Aug. 31, at least one Muslim wondered whether Rauf had selected the right site for his cultural center.

Mishaal Al Gergawi, a prominent local writer and analyst said, "Maybe it's just creating another battle. Maybe it's too early. Maybe it should come in five years. I'm really on the fence."

ABC News' T.J. Winick contributed to this report.
Back to top Go down

Imam Says Mosque Project Must Go Forward in the Interest of National Security
Page 1 of 1