WNY READINESS GROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WNY READINESS GROUP

Disaster/Event Readiness INFO New York and Warren area

HomeHOMELatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» new patriot from catt county
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm by mrhorsepower460

Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm by PatriotPete84

» Northern Chautauqua
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm by LarryWNY

Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm by LarryWNY

» new member from orleans county
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm by rholding

» Gas.......
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm by LarryWNY

» Erie County Patriot here!
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm by thunder8922

» 2012 How lost we have become.
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 pm by LarryWNY

» NYS CIG TAX
Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm by LarryWNY

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Commodity Price
Gasoline Price
Gun Stats

Green ooze coating homes?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

Green ooze coating homes? Empty
PostSubject: Green ooze coating homes?   Green ooze coating homes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 am

What is the green ooze coating homes?
Updated: Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 5:59 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 5:59 PM EST

Al Vaughters
Posted by: Eli George
SNYDER, N.Y. (WIVB) - Neighbors in Snyder say something messy and mysterious fell from the sky, and on to their homes.

No one really knows what that mysterious green ooze is, but town officials in Amherst are taking action to find out. The biggest worry is that it could be human waste dumped from a plane, but federal aviation officials don't seem to be concerned.

Brian Lembke is concerned about the green ooze that is covering homes in his Snyder neighborhood, including his.

"It doesn't seem like every house is exposed, mine is just a little bit, but I know my one neighbor's is real bad. She said the siding is actually stained," said Lembke.

A neighbor's house is a lot worse than his, and a neighbor across the street is taking action.

John said, "We don't know what it is. It could be something innocent or it could be a chemical. We've heard explanations anywhere from birds to diesel fuel to de-icer to the bathroom being dumped."

And that is the biggest fear of folks in this Snyder neighborhood that this mysterious green ooze is the sewage dumped from an airplane passing overhead. But federal aviation officials and the State DEC are not testing the ooze, so John has hired a private lab.

"Nobody seems to have money in their budget to test and we were told that if we test and come up with something then they will take action," said John.

An Amherst code enforcement officer, responding to a homeowner complaint, checked out the green ooze and a town lab technician took samples at a house on Berryman Drive, which the town is now testing.

Another concern of the homeowners is that between Washington Highway and Berryman Drive is Saratoga Park, with a sled hill that dozens of kids flock to every day, and is more than likely saturated with that mysterious green liquid. The homeowner on Berryman Drive didn't want to go on camera, but said their kids' health is her biggest worry.

The homeowner said, "Health issues. I don't know what it is and there's a park here and they're playing. And in between the two streets, kids are out here sledding and playing. That's a huge concern."

A spokesman for the FAA said field inspectors looked over homes in Snyder, and determined the green ooze did not come from a plane and is more likely bird droppings. That's right, the FAA believes all that green ooze over about a seven-block area is bird droppings. Stay tuned.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/call_4_action/What-is-the-green-ooze-coating-homes
Back to top Go down

Green ooze coating homes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WNY READINESS GROUP  :: WELCOME PLEASE READ :: FEDERALIST TAVERN :: Current Events-
Jump to: