WNY READINESS GROUP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WNY READINESS GROUP

Disaster/Event Readiness INFO New York and Warren area

HomeHOMELatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» new patriot from catt county
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm by mrhorsepower460

A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm by PatriotPete84

» Northern Chautauqua
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm by LarryWNY

A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm by LarryWNY

» new member from orleans county
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm by rholding

» Gas.......
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm by LarryWNY

» Erie County Patriot here!
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm by thunder8922

» 2012 How lost we have become.
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 pm by LarryWNY

» NYS CIG TAX
A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:05 pm by LarryWNY

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Commodity Price
Gasoline Price
Gun Stats

A look at some herbs for infections

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LarryWNY
Admin
LarryWNY

A look at some herbs for infections Empty
PostSubject: A look at some herbs for infections   A look at some herbs for infections I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Let food be thy medicine – A look at some herbs for infections:
•Herbs and spices:
Common herbs such as Sage, Thyme, Oregano, and Parsley as said to have anti-microbial properties. Sage and rosemary contain the essential oil, eucalyptol, which kills Candida albicans, bacteria, and worms. Oregano contains over thirty biologically active ingredients of which twelve have antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-parasitic or anti-fungal effects. Thyme has anti-parasitic activity.

Meals seasoned with these pungent, aromatic herbs, consumed regularly, help protect against intestinal infection. However, heating at 200 degrees F for twenty minutes destroys the antibacterial activity of most of these spices. They should be added to food at the end of cooking, just before being eaten.

•Raw Garlic
Garlic natural antibiotic is said to have a proven efficacy as an herbal antibiotic, antiviral, anti-parasitic, and anti-fungal. It was used in WWI to prevent wound infections. There are several studies to show that it is useful in the treatment of dysentery in Africa. The Russians used garlic in WWII when their supply of penicillin was scarce. It is said to contain an active compound called as Allicin. Allicin is a useful agent against several Cocci kind of bacteria like Staphylococcus and Streptococcus. Garlic is a broad-spectrum anti-bacterial property and has been called as a “wonder drug”. Herbalists recommend eating one clove of chopped raw garlic two to three times per day (added to food). Garlic Oil can also be taken internally. Place 20-30 drops in your ear for ear infections, three times a day.

•Echinacea
This is an increasingly popular nutritional supplement that fights bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms. It was one of the Native Americans most used healing herbs. It stimulates production of T cells and B cells. Herbalists all over the world believe that it is comparable to penicillin. Now Echinacea should not be taken for more than ten consecutive days for fear of developing bacterial resistance.

•Wild Indigo
This herb is not very well known, however, it is an extremely powerful antibiotic and anti-inflammatory agent. The active ingredient is baptitoxine, and it is said to detoxify the liver and blood. Herbalists recommend its use for swollen glands, streptococcal sore throat, mouth sores, tonsillitis, pneumonia, meningitis, and food or blood poisoning.

•Eucalyptus
All of us are familiar with Listerine, Vick’s VapoRub, or Dristan. It is a powerful decongestant with a very sharp and distinctly recognizable odor. All these preparations contain Eucalyptus. This is a natural antiseptic that kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Russian studies show that it kills the influenza virus. It’s used internally to treat tuberculosis and chronic coughs. Externally, it can be rubbed on the chest or back for respiratory infections. It can be used as an inhalant or as an herbal bath.

•Grapefruit seed extract
Grapefruit seed extract has been demonstrated to be effective against 800 different types of viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungi. Grapefruit seed extract is a powerful weapon in disease prevention and treatment. The versatile extract consists of oils obtained when grapefruit seeds and membranes are ground up and combined with carrier substance such as glycerin and distilled water. You may want to look into the supplement: Nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract.

Grapefruit seed extract stimulates the immune system and works like an antibiotic drug without destroying the helpful bacteria that are normally present in the body. In addition, the components of the grapefruit seed extract contain bioflavonoids, vitamins and antioxidants.

“Citricidal” is a natural antibiotic made from an extract of grapefruit seed and it keeps bacteria at bay for extended periods of time. It is a popular agent for campers to add to water of questionable quality, and has been used by nutritional therapists for years against yeast.

•Olive leaf extract:
This amazing substance comes from the plant Olea europaea. The extract is called Oleuropein, and has long been known for its anti-microbial properties, which are assumed to offer protection to the tree against predatory organisms. Olive leaf is also a well known as an antioxidant and you can easily buy olive leaf extract in many health stores.

Infection-Fighting Foods
•Saponins:
A high intake of vegetables increases the consumption of a group of natural chemicals called saponins, which have immune-stimulating and antibiotic effects. Saponins, like quillaja saponin, are the latest in a long list of plant chemicals that are not considered nutrients, the way that vitamins are, because no deficiency state has been identified, but which promote health.

In plants, saponins seem to function as natural antibiotics, protecting the plant against microbial parasites. In humans, they may thwart cancer and ward off infection. Saponins are most highly concentrated in soybeans, chickpeas, bean sprouts, asparagus, tomatoes, potatoes and oats.

•Carrots, carob, blueberries and raspberries:
These are said to contain complex sugars, which interfere with the binding of pathogenic bacteria to the intestinal lining. These have been used in Europe for centuries for the treatment or prevention of diarrhea.

•Onion:
Onion is garlic’s closest edible relative, has also been widely used for medicinal purposes. Although it lacks the potency of garlic, it can be consumed it much larger quantity, so that its anti-microbial benefits may be equal to those of garlic if consumed regularly.

•Turmeric:
This is a major ingredient in Indian curry powder. It is a natural antibiotic that relieves intestinal gas by lowering the numbers of gas forming bacteria and is said to have anti-fungal activity and has been traditionally used for relieving inflammation.

•Ginger:
Ginger-garlic paste is a common ingredient in Indian cooking. Ginger has over four hundred chemically active ingredients, has long been used for the treatment of digestive complaints. It protects the intestinal lining against ulceration and has a wide range of actions against intestinal parasites. Ginger herbs are also becoming popular to use in cooking.

•Cinnamon:
Cinnamon is another important spice, which I recommend for sweetening the taste of ginger tea. It has a potent anti-fungal activity.
Back to top Go down

A look at some herbs for infections
Page 1 of 1